The7 v.6 has more than 630 settings – twice as much as The7 v.2 has. Don’t hesitate to get acquainted with new awesome features!
Important! Please make a DB backup of your installation, the follow this:
- Download the latest copy of the theme from ThemeForest.
- Rename the old theme folder to /dt-the7-old/ and install The7 v.6 as you do with any other new theme.
- After The7 v.6 activation, you’ll get a notification asking if you’d like to import The7 v.2 settings, say yes if you want to (as shown in fig. 1).
- Update plugins in Dashboard -> The7 -> Plugins. Install and activate “The7 Elements” plugin, if necessary.
- GO to Dashboard -> The7 -> My The7 -> Settings and make sure required post types are enabled.
- Configure VC.
- If you have a cache plugin, empty its cache.
Review site content, configure new theme options .
If you use a child theme with The7 v.2
Please consider that if some PHP templates or functions had been changed in The7 v.2, they may need to be reconfigured in The7 v6.
1. While a child theme is active, go to Theme Options -> Export & Import, copy theme settings.
2. Rename The7 v.2 folder to /dt-the7-old/.
3. Activate The7 v.2. Go to Theme Options -> Export & Import, import theme settings.
4. Upload The7 v.6 folder to /dt-the7/.
5. Activate The7 v.6. Run theme options transfer tool.
6. Go to Theme Options -> Export & Import, copy theme settings.
7. Activate a child theme. Go to Theme Options -> Export & Import, import theme settings.