Recent The7 version has more than 700 settings – twice as much as The7 v.1 has. Don’t hesitate to get acquainted with new awesome features!
Important! Please make a DB backup of your installation, then follow this:
- Download the latest copy of the theme from ThemeForest.
- Copy theme settings from Theme Options -> Export/Import.
- Rename the old theme folder to /dt-the7-old/ and install recent The7 version as you do with any other new theme.
- Make sure you use compatible WordPress version and update it if it is required. The supported WordPress version can be found on theme ThemeForest page.
- Before activating The7 theme, deactivate all bundled plugins, older version of those plugins might conflict with the new version of theme.
- Delete “Visual Composer” plugin (you will install it again later).
- After recent theme version activation, register yor theme and update plugins in Dashboard -> The7 -> Plugins.
- Install and activate “The7 Elements” plugin, if necessary.
- Go to Dashboard -> The7 -> My The7 -> Settings and make sure required post types are enabled.
- Go to The7 -> Plugins, install and activate”The7 WPBakery Page builder” plugins.
- Configure WPBakery.
- Import settings from the Step 2 into Theme Options -> Export/Import.
- If you have a cache plugin, empty its cache.
Review site content, configure new theme options .